Why You Should Join
We are the Maryland Ready Mix Concrete Association
Download the 2017-mrmca-membership-application (PDF).
MRMCA is a proactive Trade Association that represents every Ready Mix Concrete Producer in Maryland in the areas of promotion, legislative, safety, training, education, image, government relations, the environment and technical matters while effectively communicating its efforts, activities and the results thereof to the membership and community.
Listed here are some quotes to consider about membership in MRMCA:
- “Everyone in the concrete industry must acknowledge and accept that only we are responsible for the future viability of our business and our industry.”
- “Members are very fortunate to have formidable, credible, professional representation of our industry through the MRMCA.”
- “Every Ready Mix Concrete Producer in Maryland, as well as every business that derives their livelihood from The Ready Mix Concrete Industry should actively support and participate in The Maryland Ready Mix Concrete Association.”
The MRMCA provides a good return on investment through member participation in:
Promotional Effort – Protecting and Increasing Market Share for Concrete
- Our primary objective is to increase market share for concrete products in the following three Major Market Segments: Residential, Commercial and Non-Building. Products to be promoted and tracked include Parking Lots (Pervious and Conventional), Driveways, Intersections, Tilt-up, Concrete Homes, ICF and Flowable Fill.
- There are written plans that identify decision makers, influencers, partners / allies, hurdles to overcome, market potential, marketing communication / promotional tools, objectives and measurement criteria for these markets and products.
Lobbyist / Legislative Effort
- Advocating sustainable, resilient concrete pavements and structures
- Representing our industry in Annapolis throughout the year; especially during the legislative session.
- Watching over issues such as “Hours of Service, Weight Restrictions, Mandatory Health Care Issues, Unemployment Insurance, Transportation Funding, Environmental Issues, Wal-Mart Bill,” or any issues which affect our industry.
- Maryland Quality Initiative Partnership with MD State Highway Administration
- ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Certification Program
- ACI Concrete Flatwork Finisher / Technician Certification Program
- NRMCA Pervious Concrete Contractor Certification Program
- Quality Control assistance for mix designs and placement procedures
- Specification Development and Review
Referrals / Communication
- Inquiries for concrete material and contracting are relayed to member companies.
- Members are informed of our progress status through our website, emails, direct mail and newsletters.
Professional Industry Representation at National, State, County & Local Industry Events
- Significant discounts on educational programs for joint MRMCA and MRMCA members.
- Representation at various governmental and private industry levels.
Annual & General Membership Meetings
- Provide opportunities to meet and network with industry colleagues
- Review and discuss common issues concerning the industry.
- Hear professional speakers encompassing a variety of important industry topics
- Venders have an opportunity to further their relationships and begin new ones